Start Date: Immediate
We have an opportunity for an immediate start with one of our key Clients in Australia.
As Lead Payload Engineer, you will be leading a team of Embedded System Engineers charged with the development of their next-generation satellite payload. You will need to have experience in the design and production of satellite communication payloads, preferably for small satellites and using software-defined systems.
Excellent collaboration and leadership skills, along with a positive attitude are critical.
Based in Australia, this role offers a fantastic lifestyle choice with all that Australia has to offer.
• Support the Engineers in your team to managing the system engineering of a mission payload, leveraging your space communication payload technical expertise
• Assess payload developer progress. Provide technical review of payload development activities
• Provide detailed reports of progress with technical evaluation of risk and impact.
• Identify and elevate technical and programmatic challenges
• Communicate scheduled verification events to your team, witness testing and review verification data
• Communicate technical and process issues; prepare and update “plan of action and milestones” to resolve payload integration issues
• Lead system-level impact assessment of payload performances
Qualifications, Preferred Skills & Experience
• Masters or PhD Electrical Engineering degree or related discipline
• 10+ years' industry experience in satellite
• Expertise in digital communication payloads
• Expertise in Antenna and RF design
• System engineering
• Practical skills on radios and antenna design, manufacturing and testing
• Expertise in LEO satellites system
• Effective interpersonal and team-building skills, to engage at both the Engineer and Management levels to build confidence and collaboration
• Early stage design, specification and testing/verification of spacecraft communications payloads and their associated ground segment for the End Users and ground stations
• Maintain payload requirements, activity schedule, budget, and status
• Create CAD, manufacturing drawings, specifications, and other documentation
• Experience resolving satellite and ground station anomalies (an advantage)
• Sort through complex issues and regulate elevation accordingly
• Ensure interfaces are clearly defined and overall system performance requirements are met
• Experience with space-worthy communications unit, subsystem, or payload integration
• Experience coordinating engineering disciplines in resolving system-level issues, understanding system-to-system interfaces, and serving as a proactive troubleshooter
• Experience working with relevant space industry standards and quality environments
• System engineering process, including document relationships, functional concepts, key interfaces, performance relationships, and test sufficiency
• Experience in a start-up environment (an advantage)
• Must be available to work extended hours and weekends as needed
For further information about this position please Contact us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Us return to space jobs