Start Date: Immediate
RF Engineer - Florida, USA
Our Client is a rapidly expanding company in the global space industry.
The company excels in Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuits (MMICs), packaged component modules, proprietary antenna technology and integrated radar and communications front-end platforms.
Their core focus includes the E and W bands where they can take advantage of their highly desirable attenuation windows, allowing the development of very high-resolution radar and antennas; applications of which include autonomous vehicles, satellite communications, helicopter landing, space science and military defence.
They also focus on the emerging K/Ka-band satellite communication frequency giving very high data rates from satellite to ground and inter-satellite links.
We are looking for an RF Engineer based in Flordia, the USA to work in a new Design and Development facility.
The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years’ experience and be able to develop a range of RF, MMW devices, subsystems and systems to address the US market.
The role will entail supporting the sales activity with technical support, including written proposals and presentation to customers. As a self-starter, the candidate will be able to work on their own initiative with limited supervision
The main duties and responsibilities include
- Design and development of RF & mm-wave PCBs, subsystems & systems in accordance with customer specifications
- Technically support the Business Development and Sales activities
- Ability to interpret customer requirements and develop detail design to realise a cost-effective product
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with proven experience of working in collaborative international teams
- Ability to design form system, PCB to device levels
- Experience with RF simulation tools (CST, ADS, or AWR)
- Experience in managing small teams
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree level education in electronics with MSc or PhD in an RF, microwave or millimetre wave subject
- 5+ years of post-qualification experience in an electronics R&D laboratory or electronics manufacturing environment
- Familiarity with Monolithic Microwave Integrated Circuit (MMIC) design and phased array design
- Formal Project Management experience
- Experience of product transfer from development to production
For further information about this position please Contact us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Us return to space jobs