Location: New Zealand
Start Date: Immediate
Amazing opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join our Client’s team and work on one of the most exciting space projects in New Zealand.
As RF Engineer, you will work closely with the Avionics and Launch teams and play an important role in the design, testing and integration of Radio Frequency (RF) communication components used to support the launch vehicle. You will be challenged daily and to succeed you will need to adapt quickly and thrive under pressure to achieve project schedule deadlines.
You must be able to hit the ground running - so previous experience with RF communication components is vital.
The role covers 3 areas of responsibility:
1. Ground Station Network
• Define and test ICDs on the stations
• Configuration of receivers/transmitters for the rocket vehicle flight phases
• Signal acquisition of flight vehicles
• Implement satellite communication links
• Define RF systems hardware for requirements from Software, GNC and vehicle teams
• Define test plans and execute them, functional testing, environmental testing and ICDs
• Define ICDs with avionics network and communications network on the ground
• Understanding of environmental testing
• Electromagnetic compatibility tests
• Define requirements for tests
• Supervise testing and support other teams
• Analyze results and suggest solutions in case of issues
• Analyze test data
• Manage operations of RF link to remote sites and rocket vehicle
• Execute launch procedures
• Join operations team on site/Mission Control Centre and support launch campaigns
• Complete pre-flight tests
• Define RF/communications interfaces with payloads
• Bachelors or higher in Engineering or Physics, with major in Communications systems/Digital communications/Electromagnetics or equivalent qualification
• 3+ years' experience in design, test and integration of RF front-end systems for high-reliability systems (aviation or aerospace systems)
• Experience with test equipment: network and spectrum analysers
• Experience with digital modulations, SDR radios and GNU radios
• The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Proven communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships
• Hands-on experience designing, assembling and testing RF front-end systems
• Experience with ground stations design and deployment
• A good theoretical and/or practical of electronic systems design
For security reasons background checks will be undertaken prior to any employment offers being made to an applicant. These checks will include nationality checks as it is a requirement of this position that you be eligible to access equipment and data regulated by the United States’ International Traffic in Arms Regulations. Under these Regulations, you may be ineligible for this role if you do not hold citizenship of Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, the European Union or a country that is part of NATO, or if you hold ineligible dual citizenship or nationality.
For more information on these Regulations, click the following website http://www.pmddtc.state.gov/regulations_laws/itar.html
For further information about this position please Contact us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Us return to space jobs