Start Date: Immediate
Immediate start, contract opportunity for a Senior System Engineer working on spacecraft EGSE for our key Client in Europe.
You will become familiar with the Instruments Special Check Out Equipment (SCOE) including both hardware and software, eventually managing the responsibility for the company’s Instruments SCOE product line. The Instruments SCOE are used for testing satellites at protocol level.
You will make key contributions to the success of the project such as requirement engineering, design, coding, test, acceptance and maintenance. You will be responsible for architectural evolution, architecture improvements and develop methods, workflows & tools for the software development team.
The role extends to include presales support, workload planning, technical proposals, design concepts and software architecture design.
Candidates should have
- Test systems (spacecraft checkout systems or Mission Control systems) used in spacecraft Assembly, Integration & Test (AIT)
- Experience with spacecraft data interfaces (Serial, MIL Bus, Space Wire, CAN Bus)
- Senior programming experience in C/C++
- Experience in software architecture/design, methods and tools
- Linux knowledge and experience with scripting languages
- Installation and integration experience for medium sized distributed systems
- Experience of requirements engineering, test automation, integration & system testing
- Practical experience with computer controlled measurement devices (GPIB, SCPI)
- Basic hardware knowledge of electrical engineering /electronics
- Experience with spacecraft On-Board Computers (OBC) and CCSDS standards for Telecommand/Telemetry (TC/TM)
- Several years industry experience as a System/Software Engineer on test systems
- Proven experience as a Software Architect and Stakeholder management
- Ideally, experience as a Senior Contractor or Senior Specialist in the space sector
- EU national or eligible to work in Europe
- Good level of English and team
For further information about this position please Contact us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.