Location: Noordwijk, The Netherlands, Europe
Start Date: Immediate
Our Client, Celestia Satellite Test & Simulation BV (C-STS) provides innovative solutions for satellite testing and operations. Their solutions are being used by international aerospace companies to support spacecraft development activities. The company is currently expanding its activities in the global space industry.
Operating from Noordwijk, The Netherlands their core activities include the design, development and delivery of complex electronics-based products:
- EGSE – Electrical Ground Support Equipment used to simulate and test satellite sub-systems
- TT&C – Telemetry, Tracking & Command equipment used to communicate with satellites in space
We are searching for a Modem Engineer who will be responsible for cutting-edge engineering focusing on design, implementation and support of Modems used for the modulation, demodulation and signal processing of Satellite Communication links.
The role includes involvement in defining modem system architectures, DSP Algorithms and system operations from initial architectural design through to finished products as well as hands-on development and support both with C-STS engineers and customers.
He/she shall Analyse, Model, Design, Develop and Validate Modems that satisfy SATCOM requirements in terms of Performance and Quality and market demands for cost and development time.
He/she should be able to support both legacy and new modem designs throughout the complete project lifecycle.
The main duties and responsibilities include
- Gathering system requirements, deriving and issuing specifications
- Resolving system design trade-offs
- Interacting with system engineers, as well as VHDL and FPGA specialists and SW designers
- Organising and handling Firmware outsourcing regarding Modem and FEC solutions
- Supporting TT&C and High Rate legacy products
- Supporting Verification and Validation Lab benches and procedures
- Preparing formal documentation for project or/and product-oriented activities
- Contributing to proposals regarding innovative Satellite Communications technologies
- Analysing, Modelling and Simulating DSP algorithms
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- Electrical or Computer Engineering (Diploma, B.Eng., MSc, PhD)
- B. Eng degree +5 years of experience, or
- MSc/equivalent +3 years of experience, or
- PhD degree on the general area of Telecommunications and DSP
- Telecommunications Theory and Signal Processing
- Knowledge of architectural design implications on Noise Figure, Sampling effects and Phase Noise
- Knowledgeable in ECSS, CCSDS, ITU, ETSI and relevant standards relating to modems
- Digital Modulations and multiplexing schemes (e.g. GMSK, OQPSK, QPSK, PSK-8, APSK-M, etc.)
- Ability to work under tight project and time constraints
- English language skills (ability to communicate and work in English)
- Should be familiar in simulating VHDL using ModelSim or/and Active-HDL
- DSP programming and Embedded SW Technologies
- FEC (trellis, convolutional codes, BCH codes, LDPC, turbo codes etc.)
- Implement in VHDL RTL following design rules and constraints for device, area and speed
- Should be familiar in synthesis and targeting to FPGA devices (e.g. ALTERA)
- Good verbal and written communication skills in international project teams
- Model-Based Design methodology and Simulation Tools (C, C++, Matlab, Simulink, etc.)
- HW/SW platform prototyping development
- An interesting job in the space industry
- Small company culture/lean processes
- Flexible work environment (part-time, home office)
- Culture of ownership and transparency (room for personal initiative and development)
- Pleasant workplace in a modern well-equipped office
- Collaborative and friendly colleagues (7 nationalities, office language - English)
- Pension scheme
- More than 28 days of holidays a year
- Commuting allowance (the office is easily reachable from den Haag, Leiden, Amsterdam and Utrecht)
- Discount for the health insurance package
- Company events (team building etc.)
- This position offers an exciting challenge for the individual to directly contribute to the growth of this quality-driven, dynamic SME organisation.
For further information about this position please Contact us and we will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.
Contact Us return to space jobs